... and it's time for the Sighthound Review FALL issue already! This is a reminder to please contact us right away to reserve your space in the Fall issue: the official deadline has closed but our brilliant graphic designer, Theresa M. Lyons, may still be able to get your ad in. She is great at working with "late" ads, but in order to get the magazine out in time (late September/early October) we need to prepare editorials, etc. - so please contact us immediately. No guarantees ... but we'll try!
A color page costs just $250, a 2-page color spread $460, including professional design, proof approval and a complimentary advertiser's copy (if you let us have an address in advance). Additional pages are $230 each. It's even less expensive if you sign up for our discount "Ouch-Free advertising" program: $70 per month gets you a full page in every issue for a year!
You may be able to get a position up front in the magazine for only $50 extra per page. Those pages are going fast, so please let us know ASAP.
Here's a partial, provisional glance at what you can look forward to in this issue:
* Two different, extremely successful Sighthound breeders are working on a Breeder's Forum - we will print them as soon as possible. I can promise you will learn a lot from both;
* We have a follow-up on Gretchen Bernardi's "Shows That Matter" feature by Allan Reznik;
* Caroline Coile is working on an in-depth survey and inventory of the various problems that besiege the different Sighthound breeds;
* An article on the Genetic Diversity Test by Whippet and Italian Greyhound fancier Susan Salladay, RN, Ph.D.;
* New series: Text and photos of ALL past national specialty shows for ALL the Sighthound breeds possible! We haven't decided which breed to start with but have some great historical photos;
* A report from the Lompoc weekend in California by WSCS President Cathy Chapman with photos and judges' comments;
* Photographs and results from the big Sighthound shows in Sweden (Skokloster) and Germany (Donaueschingen), with write-ups by Russell McFadden, Michael Canalizo, Simon Tien Hansen and Anna Szabò - plus a special report from a Sighthound show in Latvia by Jocelyne Gagne;
* "Sighthound Spectacular" results and photos from Santa Barbara Kennel Club;
* Bettina Fredrix' report from a truly unique event in France that's
limited to "rare" Sighthound breeds, with lots of photos of Azawakhs,
Sloughis, Chart Polskis, etc.;
* The Saluki Club of America national specialty report, with great photos and comments by officials and judges;
* A report by the judge with pictures of the winners from the
Australian national specialty for Whippets with over 200 dogs entered;
* If there's space we'll include another "Looking Back..." feature with
old photos of famous Sighthounds and Sighthound people;
We're also hoping for more of Patience Renzulli's and Denise Flaim's
brilliant, thought-provoking pieces. There's a dynamite, actually quite
controversial, Letters section with both "good" and "critical" opinions
from our readers - and a poetic (and beautiful!) piece from Sir Terence